Numbers of Ministerial staff drawn from the most recent, most authoritative source publicly available
Numbers reflect what is reported as ministerial staff in each jurisdiction: so if personal support staff, such as administrative assistants or drivers, have been reported, these are included in the figures).
- Number of Ministers and Office Holders are those numbers reported against staff numbers, where available.
- Victoria does not have a regular reporting regime for ministerial staff numbers, so I’m still reliant on the numbers in a 2015 FOI return
- NSW last reported its figures in June 2017, failing to report the figures at 30 December 2017.
- Northern Territory has a global budget for Executive Support, with 295 employees, but does not have a breakdown to the numbers of personal staff provided to support Ministers.
- Shout out to Tasmania, which provides staffing numbers regularly and in the clearest format.