Numbers of Ministerial staff drawn from the most recent, most authoritative source publicly available
Numbers reflect what is reported as ministerial staff in each jurisdiction: so if personal support staff, such as administrative assistants or drivers, have been reported, these are included in the figures).
- Number of Ministers and Office Holders are those numbers reported against staff numbers, where available.
- Victoria does not have a regular reporting regime for ministerial staff numbers, so I’m still reliant on the numbers in a 2015 FOI return
- NSW last reported its figures in June 2017, failing to report the figures at 30 December 2017.
- Northern Territory has a global budget for Executive Support, with 295 employees, but does not have a breakdown to the numbers of personal staff provided to support Ministers.
- Shout out to Tasmania, which provides staffing numbers regularly and in the clearest format.
Continue reading “Numbers of Ministerial Staff in Australia – As at April 2018”
Numbers of Ministerial staff drawn from the most recent, most authoritative source publicly available Continue reading “Number of Ministerial Staff in Australia – 2016”
Numbers of Ministerial staff drawn from the most recent, most authoritative source publicly available Continue reading “Ministerial Staff Allocation in States and Territories, as at June 2013”
It took only 82 days for the number of O’Farrell Government Ministerial staffers to swell by 40 percent.
Barely two and a half months after trotting out the usual post-election bromides of running a “mean, lean machine”, the number of staffers has bulked up quicker than a Spanish cyclist. Continue reading “O’Farrell Govt Staff Numbers Jump 40%”
After years of crisis and reform, just what priority is the O’Farrell Government going to give to Family and Community Services?
The most astonishing feature of the staff allocations by far has the Minister for Family and Community Services and Minister for Women, Pru Goward, with the smallest office with only 4.4 staff positions. This is made up of a Chief of Staff, an advisor and 2.4 researchers/advisors at the lower end of the grade scale. Continue reading “Community Services Bears Brunt of Staff Numbers”